Weatherford College TRIO, Educational Talent Search program changes lives and transforms communities through Education.
What is Talent Search
Weatherford College, TRIO Educational Talent Search Program is a FREE program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Talent Search targets students who are disadvantaged and provides them with assistance with college preparation and enrollment for ANY college.
All Talent Search services are FREE of cost to students who qualify for the program.
Talent Search Printable Application (DOCX)
Educational Talent SearchTRIO at Weatherford College
For more information
The Talent Search Program at Weatherford College is 100% funded with federal funds from the U.S.
In order to be eligible for selection as Talent Search participants, students must meet the following:
- Must be at least 11 years of age & in grades 6-12th
- Must Be a US Citizen or eligible permanent resident
- Must meet certain income requirement
- Must attend one of our target schools
- Individual and Group Advising
- College and Career Exploration
- Assistance with college, financial aid and scholarship application
- Fee Waivers for College Applications
- FREE College, Career and Cultural Field Trips
- Fee Waivers for SAT/ACT/TSI test
- Assistance with SAT/ACT/TSI Test Preparation and Registration
- Mentoring and self-Development
- Assistance during Summer especially for Seniors transitioning to college
In his quest to create the “Great Society” president Lyndon B. Johnson created the TRIO program as a weapon to fight poverty. The first TRIO program, Upward Bound was created in 1964 and was highly successfully. Thus, a second program Talent Search was then created in 1965, and following this six more TRIO programs were launched giving a total of eight TRIO programs.
In 1986, a congressional resolution declared that Saturday, February 28, 1986, should be designated as “National TRIO Day” to commemorate the annual achievements of the Federal TRIO programs across the nation. Since then the fourth Saturday in February has been designated as National Trio Day.
Bridgeport High School
Jacksboro High School
Mineral Wells High School
Santo High School
Springtown High School
Weatherford High School