Goals / Outcomes Assessment Plan
Students will have the prerequisite clinical skills to be an entry-level radiographer.
- Students will demonstrate starting and completing tasks with motivation and enthusiasm in the healthcare field of radiology.
- Students will be able to select appropriate technical parameters to produce diagnostic images.
- Students will be able to demonstrate and identify appropriate anatomy in its entirety in proper position on their images.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of ALARA and the requirements set by federal and state agencies.
- Students will demonstrate radiation safety with regard to patients, personnel, and self.
Problem-solving and Critical Thinking
Students will demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills in the clinical setting.
- Students will be able to analyze finished radiographic images for diagnostic quality.
- Students will demonstrate problem-solving / critical thinking skills as they relate to the ordered exam and patient condition.
Students will have oral and written communication skills appropriate to their level
and healthcare environment.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate communication skills with the patient and co-workers.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral and written language skills.
The students will demonstrate knowledge of professional ethics, professionalism, and life-long learning in the field.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge and practice of professional ethics and legal issues.
- Student learning will be expanded by participating in other imaging modalities.
Mickey Ryan, MHA, BSRS, RT(R)(MR)
Number of Credits