Medication Aide program courses include:
In the Medication Aide program, learn preparation and administration of designated medications by nurse aides and non-licensed nursing personnel employed in licensed healthcare agencies including the responsibilities associated with such administration. We also offer the Medication Aide update course for those currently certified and needing to renew their credentials.
- NURA.1013 – Medication Aide for the Nurse Aide 146 contact hours
Medication Aide Update course:
We also offer the Medication Aide update course for those currently certified and needing to renew their credentials.
- NURA.1041 – Medication Aide Update 7 contact hours
Applicants must complete Medication Aide program application, upload supplemental items and meet all Health Professions Requirements BEFORE they can be admitted into the program and are eligible for registration.
HEALTHCARE PROGRAM IMMUNIZATIONS
- HEPATITIS B (3 shot series) or positive titer before clinicals/patient contact
- MEASLES, MUMPS RUBELLA (MMR) or separate positive titers
- TETANUS/DIPHTHERIA/PERTUSSIS (TDAP) - One dose within the past 10 years
- TUBERCULIN SKIN TEST (TB) -Negative reading within 12 months of course completion date or chest x-ray
- VARICELLA (CHICKEN POX) or positive titer
ADDITIONAL HEALTHCARE REQUIREMENTS
- 18 YEARS OF AGE
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, HSE/GED OR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT – Unofficial copy can be uploaded
- DRIVER'S LICENSE OR GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID - Must be valid
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD – Must be signed
- SATISFACTORY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK – Completed form to be processed by WC
- EMPLOYABILITY CHECK - Processed by WC
- PERSONAL HEALTH INSURANCE – Recommended, not required
NOTICE: Certain criminal history may prevent a student from being approved to register for a program or attending clinical/practicum/externship. In some areas it can prohibit student from employment and/or obtaining licensure through the Texas Health and Human Services. Students should verify eligibility before applying.
For the Medication Aide Update, applicants must complete a Medication Aide Update program application BEFORE they can be admitted into the class and are eligible for registration.
Graduates will receive a Weatherford College certificate of completion and be approved to take the Texas Medication Aide Exam. Students learn preparation and administration of designated medications by nurse aides and non-licensed nursing personnel employed in licensed healthcare agencies.
The Medication Aide program is an opportunity for Certified Nurse Aides to earn a stacked credential.
Many of our students continue their education and further their career by attending the Pharmacy Technician Program.
Funding assistance for Medication Aide through the Workforce Education Grant and Weatherford College Foundation Scholarship for Workforce Education may be available for eligible applicants, until funds are depleted. Medication Aide Update is not covered by financial assistance. These programs does not qualify for FAFSA.
Weatherford Campus: 817-598-8870
Wise County Campus: 940-626-3304
Number of Credits
- 14.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for Medication Aide
- 0.7 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for Medication Aide Update