Workforce Education (non-credit) courses do not qualify for FAFSA. Alternative financial assistance is available for most programs, such as:
Workforce Education Grant (WEG)
A portion of the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) funds are made available by Weatherford College for Workforce programs each school year.
- Who’s Eligible? – For approved programs, students must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide documents required on applications. Award is based on applicant’s documentation of financial need.
- How do I Apply? – Complete the Workforce Education Grant and submit the required documents to the Workforce Education office.
- Deadline – Complete applications and documents should be submitted at least one week prior to first day of class.Partial applications will not be accepted.
Weatherford College Foundation Scholarship for Workforce Education
Through the generosity of community leaders and others, this scholarship funding is based on career plans, impact on life, and financial need.
- Who’s Eligible? – For approved programs, students must complete application and provide required documents. Award is based on applicant’s documentation and committee review.
- How do I Apply? – Complete the Workforce Education Scholarship and submit the required documents to the Workforce Education office.
- Deadline – Complete applications and documents should be submitted at least one week prior to first day of class. Partial applications will not be accepted.
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program
Some programs are certified through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and are eligible for funding. To determine if you qualify and if your program is eligible, please contact an area Workforce Solutions Center in your area. Here are the local boards:
- Workforce Solutions of North Central Texas 817-695-9184
- Workforce Solutions of Tarrant County 817-413-4000
- Workforce Solutions of North Texas 940-322-1801
Persons who have served in the U.S. Military may qualify for assistance in some programs. Contact the Veterans Office at 817-598-6243 or 817-598-6248 for details.
Persons the age of 65 or older may qualify for a discounted price for certain classes when space is available.
- The discounted price does not apply to all classes.
- Discounts are NOT available to repeat a class.
- A driver’s license must be provided for registration.