The Industrial Maintenance (IMAT) program consists of three levels to provide students an opportunity to learn and continue their education throughout their career as an Industrial Maintenance Technician.
IMAT Basic Program courses include:
- CETT.1007 – Fundamentals of Electronics 64 contact hours
- INMT.1005 - Introduction to Industrial Maintenance 48 contact hours
- ELMT.1001 – Programmable Logic Controllers 64 contact hours
- RBTC.1005 – Robotics Fundamentals 64 contact hours
- WLDG.1001 - Introduction to Welding 48 contact hours
IMAT Intermediate Program courses include:
- INTC.1057 – AC/DC Motor Control 48 contact hours
- RBTC.1045 – Robotics Interfacing 48 contact hours
- ELMT.1005 - Basic Fluid Power 48 contact hours
- INTC.1041 – Principles of Automation Control 48 contact hours
- DFTG.1009 – Basic CADD 64 contact hours
- INMT.2045 - Industrial Troubleshooting 64 contact hours
- RBTC.2045 – Robot Applications, Set-up & Testing 64 contact hours
- ELMT.2039 - Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 64 contact hours
- Either ELPT.2049 – Industrial Automation 80 contact hours
- Or INMT.2088 – Manufacturing Technology - Internship 144 contact hours
Applicants must complete the Industrial Maintenance and Automation Technology (IMAT) program application BEFORE they can be admitted into the program and are eligible for registration. If under 18, Minor Consent Form is required and must be completed then uploaded with the application.
• Industrial Maintenance and Mechatronics (2nd Edition), Ballee & Shearer (2024) - G-W Publishers. ISBN #978-1-63776-711-5
• Programmable Logic Controllers, Hardware and Programming (5th Edition), Rabiee (2023) - G-W Publishers. ISBN #978-1-63776-471-8
Students will be required to purchase and bring to class the items on the supply list:
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes/Boots
- TI36X Scientific calculator (or equivalent)
- 1GB flash drive or larger
Upon successful completion, graduates will receive a Weatherford College certificate of completion and be nationally certified in the following: NSC-First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA10, NIMS Duty Area 3,4 & 8, MSSC-Production Technician & Production Technician Plus.
Students could go on to Engineering.
Funding assistance through the Workforce Education Grant and Weatherford College Foundation Scholarship for Workforce Education may be available for eligible applicants, until funds are depleted. This program does not qualify for FAFSA.
Weatherford Campus: 817-598-8870
Wise County Campus: 940-626-3304
Number of Credits
- 28.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) upon completion of Basic Program /
- 25.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) upon completion of Intermediate Program / CEUs (Continuing Education Units) vary depending on courses taken in Advanced Program