The mission of the Weatherford College Fire Academy is to develop, train and educate interested candidates from our region in the safe execution of firefighting skills, tactics and strategies. The Weatherford College Fire Academy teaches to the Texas Commission on Fire Protection, National Fire Protection Association and International Fire Service Accreditation Congress guidelines and curriculum, and surpasses the recommended hours. The Weatherford College Fire Academy will give candidates a solid foundation on which to build a career as a viable member of the firefighting family and to a greater extent the community in which they will serve. Candidates will be taught leadership, discipline and the importance of being a community representative. The staff and instructors of the Weatherford College Fire Academy are committed to this purpose.
Entry into the Fire Academy requires completion of additional items found in the program application packet. These items include but are not limitedto:
- Medical/Physical Evaluation
- Drug Testing
- Background Evaluation
- Academic Evaluation
These items must be submitted, to our office, prior to enrollment deadlines. Uniforms and Bunker gear will be Provided by WC Fire Academy and will be part of the tuition payment. Information on these items is contained in the program application packet.
Entry level firefighter positions are posted regularly and your certification is portable to most states in the country. You can use your certification in a municipal, private or even Department of Defense setting providing you a career field that spans the globe.
Employment of firefighters is projected to grow 6 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Applicants who have additional training or experience should have the best job prospects.
- To the workforce
- Michael Feely Memorial Scholarship - Established in 2006 by Dan and Marsha Feely to honor the memory of their late son, Michael Feely. Nursing and Fire Academy students are preferred.
- Richard "Andy" Loller Memorial Scholarship to benefit students in WC’s Fire Science Technology program.
- Shane Richardson Memorial Scholarship - Established in 2007 by the friends and family of Shane Richardson, a graduate of the Fire Academy, for Fire Academy students.
- Scholarship Opportunities Homepage
- Edward Hadfield, Fire Academy Coordinator
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection
Fire Academy Coordinator