Beethoven, holiday performances round out fall fine arts calendar
Weatherford College’s master pianist, Dr. Hyeyoung Song, will perform her next Beethoven concert on Wednesday, Nov. 29, at 7 p.m. in the Alkek Fine Arts Center.
This concert will feature Beethoven’s most well-known sonata “Pathetique,” “Moonlight” and “Appassionata.”
“I grew up with his music,” Song said. “My mother, who loved music, used to play Beethoven every morning for the alarm. I always felt a close connection with this composer. His music has excellent structure and distinctive characteristics yet is incredibly generous and warm.”
She’s also a strong believer in Beethoven’s mantra that “music can change the world.”
“His music has given me so much courage and inspiration throughout my life,” she said. ‘I am happy and privileged to share these masterpieces by a great composer with our audience members.”
Other upcoming fine art events in WC’s Alkek Fine Arts Center include:
- Classics and Carols choir concert: Friday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m.
- Student piano recital: Monday, Dec. 4 at 4 p.m.
- Messiah concert performed by the Parker County Community Choir: Monday, Dec. 4 7 p.m.
- Student art show: Thursday, Dec. 7 at 5:30
- Student voice recital: Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.
- Hope for the Holidays concert by the WC Jazz Orchestra: Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m.
Admission to all of these events is free.