Application period open to fill vacant WC Board of Trustees seat
The application period for those interested in filling a vacant seat on the Weatherford College Board of Trustees is now open.
Sue Coody resigned from Place 6 on April 5 leaving a vacant seat that will be up for election in May 2023.
Applicants have until 5 p.m. Thursday, May 12, to apply.
Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- Resident of Texas for one year
- Resident of the Weatherford College taxing district for six months
- Registered voter within the Weatherford College district
- Eligible for public office (see eligibility requirements at https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/EL/htm/EL.141.htm)
- Serves the best interest of the Board and Weatherford College
Supporting documents are required to prove eligibility.
Candidates must also submit a letter of interest to serve the remainder of the term, a resume or curriculum vitae and a minimum of three letters of recommendation addressing personal and/or professional qualifications.
Required documents can be submitted via U.S. mail, in person to the WC Business Office front desk located in the I.B. Hand Building or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailed documents should be addressed to:
Dan Curlee, General Counsel
225 College Park Drive
Weatherford, TX 76086
By May 27, each board member may select one applicant for consideration from the pool of legally qualified applicants. The board will then interview the chosen applicants on June 9 and potentially take action to appoint a new trustee.