The Fire Academy at Weatherford College prepares you for your career in firefighting. Our instructors provide the education and training needed to help you reach your state certification goal. If you want to become a firefighter there are a lot of places you can go. If you want to become the best - there is only one place to go - Weatherford College Regional Fire Academy.
Entry into the Fire Academy requires completion of additional items found in the program application packet. These items must be submitted, to our office, prior to enrollment deadlines. Fire Academy cadets are required to provide their own uniforms and bunker gear. Information on these items is contained in the program application packet.
Entry level firefighter positions are posted regularly and your certification is portable to most states in the country. You can use your certification in a municipal, private or even Department of Defense setting providing you a career field that spans the globe.
Employment of firefighters is projected to grow 6 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Applicants who have additional training or experience should have the best job prospects.
- To the workforce
- Michael Feely Memorial Scholarship - Established in 2006 by Dan and Marsha Feely to honor the memory of their late son, Michael Feely. Nursing and Fire Academy students are preferred.
- Richard "Andy" Loller Memorial Scholarship to benefit students in WC’s Fire Science Technology program.
- Shane Richardson Memorial Scholarship - Established in 2007 by the friends and family of Shane Richardson, a graduate of the Fire Academy, for Fire Academy students.
- Scholarship Opportunities Homepage
- Stephen S. Malley
- Thomas Blair
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection